Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial - English Muffin Pizzas!!

 If you want a quick and delicious meal for your family, this is it!  I remember the first time I had English Muffin pizzas:  I was in early elementary school and my family went to our friend's house for supper and she made these.  I thought they were the best things ever!  

Last night I made these up for my family.  I had English Muffins in the freezer that I pulled out in the morning to thaw for the evening meal.  Around 4:45pm I turned the oven on to 350.  I split the muffins in half, put a good spoonful of sauce on (I make my own pizza sauce; recipe below; but you can purchase yours if you want), a nice layer of cheddar cheese and a nice layer of mozzarella cheese, and then the pepperonis.  Aren't the mini pepperonis so cute???  I think so...
 Here is a before close up
 Pop them in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is nicely melted.
Devour.  My family loves these!!  I know yours will, too.

Pizza Sauce Recipe:
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 can tomato paste
Italian seasoning (the amount you want)
dash of salt
stir to mix.
  Freeze the leftovers for a later meal.

3 comments:

  1. I love English Muffin pizzas too. The mini pepperoni really makes for a cute topping. I will have to try that! I also will try your pizza sauce recipe. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the homemade sauce a lot. The tomato paste helps to thicken it so it's not as runny...

      Delete
    2. Great meal idea. I am going to have to make them again sometime only find something different than pepperoni since it doesn't agree with dad's stomach.

      Delete