Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Farm Fresh Eggs

 The other day I went out to collect chicken eggs.  I started laughing when I found this huge one in the 'Chicken Motel'.  Can you guess which one I am talking about??
 Here is another angle...
The one on the far left is the big one.  I don't even know how that hen laid it!  I couldn't wait to get back to the house to weigh it (that is a favorite thing for us to do: weigh the big eggs we find.)  The biggest egg we have found so far weighed in at 2.8 ounces.  This huge one weighed a whopping 3.4 ounces.  I haven't cracked it yet to see how many yokes it has, but I am sure excited to do that soon!  I will let you know what the outcome is.

Do you have Farm Fresh Eggs?  We love them.  I started selling them a few weeks ago.  We have 22 laying chickens and 50 chicks we just picked up last week.  Those will start laying in August (hopefully).  I will be making a 'Farm Fresh Eggs' sign for the end of our driveway so we can advertise and sell more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment