Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

I'm Back...and re-located!

 I've been absent from blogging for quite some time, but with good reason:  We moved to South Dakota!  Jason grew up in western SD and we wanted to get back to a smaller town and in the country.  We found the perfect spot in eastern SD (Parker, to be more precise).  We live outside of town about 5 miles.  7 1/2 acres to enjoy and fill with animals.  This house was built in 1910, which is another dream of mine: live in a home with antique character!  The wood work is amazing!  Our home was moved to this spot in the early 1970's.  The owners have taken such great care of it.  Wood floors, crown molding, fir columns, just to name a few of our favorite features.  So, here is a peak at our home from the outside.  Don't worry:  inside pics are coming, too.  I am anxious to get painting done and continuing to make this house our 
Home Sweet Home
 The front porch is so fun!  It is a 3 season porch and I can't wait to get it fixed up just how I want it...
 This is our back land to the west.  Gorgeous to look at, especially at sunset...
 Side view of the house.  Don't you just love the pop of color with the red chairs?? I sure do!
And, to the west again at sunset.  I don't think I'll ever get over this beautiful view each night.  


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so jealous!! That house looks amazing! And the view! Heavens! Please show the inside of the house, too. I am dying here. Fantastic!! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! I will have to get pics of the inside soon. I have lots of painting ideas to do and will definitely post about the updates. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Your new house and land are beautiful!! Very exciting! I'm also excited to see inside pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyssa! The next two rooms scheduled to get painted are the sewing room and the girl's room. I'll post as soon as it's done (in a few weeks).

      Delete