Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

New Project - Diaper Bag

I haven't announced this on my blog yet:  we are expecting baby #4 on January 8th!  We are excited and I am excited to have less than 3 months left! Wahoo!  Our youngest is nearly 7 years old, so we do not have any baby items in the house.  I decided that I wanted to make a diaper bag because #1) I like sewing and #2)  I like having an 'original' instead of a bag everyone else will have.  We like the surprise of waiting until birth to find out if we have a boy or girl, so I think this color of fabric is perfect for either a girl or boy.  I didn't want a 'baby' looking bag, something stylish is what I want.  Something I and Jason can carry around and like.  I am eager to begin, but nervous to begin.  Following patterns is not my strong point (ask my Mom!).  I can make quilts, but sewing from a pattern kicks my tush.  First step: pre-wash fabric.  I'm pretty sure I can complete that task correctly!  I will show you the results as soon as it's complete! 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!! So excited to hear the news when your wee one makes the big entrance. Meanwhile, have fun with the sewing! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! I will post pics when baby is here!

      Delete
  2. Love the fabric!!! - Sarah

    ReplyDelete