Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Key Lime Pie (Recipe) for National Pi Day!

Full recipe is at end of all these fun pics!
 Throw the Graham Crackers in your blender.  I like my Kitchenaide Blender!
 See how fun it is to watch them spin and crumble???
 Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove.  I've melted butter in the microwave a lot and get so mad when it blows up all over inside.  Finally I realized I should melt it on the stove.  Hmmm...why didn't I think of that sooner??
 Oops...misplaced this pic.  This is of the limes being juiced.  I do love my juicer...
 Pour the melted butter into the Graham Cracker and Sugar mixture
 Here is the Graham Cracker mixture.  Seriously.  I could eat this by itself...
 ...but I don't, so I save a nice spoonful for me to enjoy. 
 I pour the rest of it into a pie plate and pat it up the sides and on the bottom.
 For the Key Lime Filling:  add the softened cream cheese, 1 c. powdered sugar, and juice of 3 limes into your mixer bowl.  Mix until nice and smooth.  Fold in 1c. whipped cream.
 Pour filling into your pie crust.
 After you fill up the crust and look at your pie with your mouth watering, set it in the fridge for at least 3 hours. 
Right before you serve, slice a lime thinly and add some prettiness to your pie.
Pour yourself a nice hot cup of coffee and get yourself a big piece of pie and enjoy yourself.  
My whole family loved this pie!

Now:  for the Recipe in an easier to read form:

Graham Cracker Pie Crust:
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 1 1/2 packages)
1/3 c. sugar
6 Tbsp melted butter
Mix all ingredients and pat into pie pan

Key Lime Pie Filling:
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
juice of 2-3 limes OR 3-4 key limes
mix those three ingredients in mixer until smooth
fold in:
1 c. whipped cream (made from 1 c. heavy whipping cream whipped with mixer)

Pour filling into pie crust and set in fridge for at least 3 hours.  Garnish with lime slices when set.

No comments:

Post a Comment