Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Quick Mix Muffins

I was given Make a Mix Cookery by Karine Eliason, Nevada Harward, and Madline Westover. It is a cookbook filled with recipes for bulk mixes.  I love it!  I made up their Quick Mix recipe (follows) and enjoy using it to make muffins.  You can add whatever ingredients for flavoring it, such as lemon and poppyseed.  I've also used craisins.  I am sure blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips and more would also taste great!  I store the quick mix in my pantry and it is good for 3 months.  Perfect easy treat to make!

Quick Mix Recipe
8 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups instant nonfat dry milk
2 1/4 cups vegetable shortening

*for altitudes above 3500 feet, add 1/2 cup flour to the mix

For the muffins:
2 1/2 cups Quick Mix
4 Tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 cup water or milk

Set oven at 425
  Grease the muffin tin or muffin paper
Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden on top and the muffins bounce back after touching

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious! I like the idea of having the mix ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great! I love that I have the mix ready and it takes just a couple minutes to get muffins ready for the oven...

    ReplyDelete