Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Diaper Bag Complete!

 A little while ago I posted the fabric and pattern for the diaper bag I want for this baby.  I didn't want to have a bag that everyone could have, so I opted to challenge myself and make my own.  To say that patterns intimidate me is an understatement.  But...I made this bag in segments.  First I ironed the fabric.  Then I cut out the pattern pieces.  Next I cut out the fabric.  Then I set it aside and read the pattern over a number of times to understand what I was doing.  The pattern calls for interfacing.  I chose to use batting instead because I like the thicker feel in a diaper bag.  I really am glad I went that route.  
The above picture is of the front with the flap down (fastened with velcro).
 Here is the back with a back pocket.
 And the inside with two views.  A nice big pocket on the one side.  Don't you love the lining??

And a side view.  There is a pocket on each side of the bag.  I love everything about this diaper bag.  I love the colors because it will work perfect for a girl or a boy.  I love the lining fabric (I love that fabric, but thought it was too busy for the outside, thus a more calm outer fabric was chosen.)  I finished the bag yesterday and am really excited to use it!

2 comments:

  1. That is SOOOO Nice - I really like your diaper bag and you did a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete