Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

I stuck to my Challenge!!

For the month of November I have challenged myself to sticking to my shopping list and not putting anything in the cart/basket if it's not on the list, even if I think I could use it.  So, today was the big day!  It was my 'one month of shopping' day.  (I try to do my major shopping only once a month).  The girls and I headed to town to get the shopping done.  There were a few times where I stuck something in my cart and then had the girls put it away since it was not on my list!  It worked!  I am super excited to tell Jason about my shopping trip and how well I did with our budget.  I even told my girls before we started shopping that they may as well not even ask for anything because if it's not on the list, it isn't getting in the cart.  They did ask for things, but I said, 'So sorry.  Not on the list'.  To which they thought was kind of funny.  I am really proud of myself.  And proud of my girls for all the help they were.  Lifting heavy items for me and unloading the van when we got home.  

So far, the challenge is a huge success and motivator!

No comments:

Post a Comment