Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thrifty Thursday - Bountiful Baskets

I was reading up on a blog about ways to save money and she mentioned Bountiful Baskets.  I googled it and found out that our state does have Bountiful Baskets delivered right to our town!  Every two weeks you place your order online and pay for it when your order is placed.  Then, that Saturday (or your specific delivery day) you bring your basket and go pick up your order.  I placed my first order last week and picked it up last Saturday.  I just purchased the minimum order of 1 produce basket.  50% fruit and 50% veggies.  Each order is a surprise as to what is in the basket, which I find fun!  You can also upgrade to organic, add breads and other items. It all depends on how you want to order.  I purchased my basket for $15.  There was a start up fee of $3 for Bountiful Baskets to purchase a basket to hold my produce in while they are organizing it and awaiting my arrival.  That is a one time fee.  And there is a $5 processing fee.  So, for under $25 (for my first order) and about $20 for all next orders of the same type I get an awesome deal!  Saves me money and time.  I don't have to drive far to get great produce and it takes about 5 minutes to get in and pick up my basket of goodies.  Here is the link to Bountiful Basketshttp://bountifulbaskets.org/

Want to know what I received in my first basket:
1 Coconut
1 Romaine Lettuce Head
1 Cabbage Head
3 Purple Onions
1 Bundle Spinach
5 Cutie Oranges
4 Fuji Apples
8 Bananas
1 Bunch Asparagus
8 Roma Tomatoes
8oz. Fresh Mushrooms
3 Zucchinis
1 Mini Watermelon

Now that's an awesome basket!  Everything tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment