Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial - Fall Wreath Under $3!

 This is such an easy wreath to make and it costs next to nothing, which is always a plus for me!  First, I went out to my yard and picked up fallen sticks/twigs and also cut some off of a partially dead bush out front.  We moved here in July and there are some trees that need some trimming, but in the meantime...I can utilize the sticks for projects! Works for me.  The amount of sticks/twigs doesn't matter.  You choose how thick you want the wreath to be and how long you want the sides to be.  I made mine in a rectangle.
 This was the most expensive part of this project.  I spent a whole $1.59 on this twine at our local grocery store.  Mind you: I was way impressed that our store had this! 
 Next I laid out the twigs into the shape I was looking for and matched up lengths of the twigs.
 And now the twine... Start by wrapping it and tying a knot around a corner of the wreath.  It's kind of frustrating, but you'll get it done quickly.  After the knot is tied, start wrapping it in and 'X' formation around the corner.  Do this to all four sides.  Tie it in a knot to secure it.
 Like so...
 And so...  Now you can see the wreath and all it's straggly branches.  Time to get out your heavy scissors or wire cutter and trim it up to how you want it to look. 
 Like such...  
Since it is a 'Fall Wreath' I went and found my stash of wooden letters and spelled out 'Fall' (that's the other cost in this wreath, I'd say maybe 50 cents worth...maybe).  Painted the letters green and let them dry.  In the meantime I went to my fabric stash and found some orange fabric strips from a jelly roll I used in a quilt.  Perfect for Fall.  I sewed a straight line down the center and then pulled the end strings to 'gather' the fabric. 
 I then tied that orange fabric onto the wreath and glued (with tacky glue) the 'FALL' onto it.  I tied another smaller orange fabric strip at the top to hang it up with.  And there you have it, folks!  A cute, inexpensive, Fall Wreath for your door.  Oh, and speaking of doors...
Behind my cute wreath is my ugly door.  Lovely, isn't it?!? Ugh.  That's another project to get done in this house (among many, mind you!)  So, stay tuned to see what color I paint this door!  I am super excited about it!  And excited about my wreath!  Go have fun making your own!  

Happy Fall, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment