Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial - Jean Purse

 Aren't these the cutest jeans??  We were at my brother and sister-in-law's this past Spring and my niece gave these jeans to Tayler.  Super cute!  But, the girls got a hold of a scissors and cut holes in them to be 'in style'.  So, I decided to make a cute jean purse with them.
 I love the detail on the pockets!
 See the nice holes??  Ugh.
 I wanted to keep all of the pocket so I cut a little below it to allow room for the seam allowance.  Do this to each leg.
 Now you have cut offs :)
 Turn them inside out and pin them together.  Be sure to not sew the pockets into the seam.
 Stitch a straight line.
 Now zig-zag below the straight line to keep the jean from raveling.
 Find a cute fabric and cut it to the width you would like for the handles.  I found this blue and red fabric in my stash from a jelly roll.  So, this handle is 2 1/2 inches wide.  The length of the handle is your choice as well.  Sew a straight line down the side of it, leaving both ends open for turning right side out.  Zig-Zag.
 Pin the handles to the inside of the jeans.
 Like so...
 I stitched a square in mine.  You can stitch an 'X' if you like, or however you want to secure it to the jean.  Do this to all four ends of the handle.
 Like such...
And you have yourself a super cute jean purse!  I live that the tags still show.  The pockets are perfect for phones, pens, lip gloss and more!  Now you know what to do with all those old jeans in your kid's closets!

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I am thinking those might be a great idea for a craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought, too! I have plenty of old jeans to use :)

      Delete