Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls...From Scratch, of Course!

 I rolled the dough out and spread butter on it (Okay...it actually was Country Crock Spread because I was too lazy to soften a stick of butter.  Normally I use about 3-4 Tbsp butter).  Then...see all that brown sugar?  Yep...don't go chinsey (is that an actual word?  I even double checked on dictionary.com and they couldn't find it.  well...I like it!) on that stuff!  And sprinkle with Cinnamon!
 Roll up and seal seams by pinching the dough together.
 Slice into about 15 rolls.  I must have cut mine bigger this time because I got 13 rolls.  Usually I get 15.  Then put them in a greased 9x13 pan.
 This is the sugar/cinnamon left on the counter after putting the rolls in the pan...don't throw it away!
 Scoop it into a pile...
 ...and throw it into the pan.  See the center roll?  That's where the extra sugar landed.  I know for a fact that Jason will pick that roll!
 Cover with a cute homemade towel (or any towel, but I love using my homemade one!) and let rise on the counter in the sunshine. 
I had to add this pic because I am always scared I grabbed the Chili or Taco seasoning to sprinkle in the rolls and so I double check my bottle and still freak out.  It's true. 

Dough Recipe:
I give my Aunt credit for this recipe.  Love it and use it all the time!
1c. Milk
1 pkg or 2 1/2 tsp yeast
1/4c. Sugar
4c. Flour
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/4c. oil
3Tbsp butter for spreading on dough

I throw all of these ingredients (minus the 3 Tbsp butter) into my favorite Kitchenaide Mixer and use the dough hook.  The dough is perfect when it ends up in a ball and has 'grabbed' all the flour etc from the sides of the bowl.  Take out and let rise, covered, in a bowl for 2 hours.  Then proceed to roll up and follow the above pics.

Icing on Top:
No actual measurements as I do 'taste tests' to see if it's to my liking.
Powdered Sugar
Milk
Vanilla Extract

No comments:

Post a Comment